The workshop consists of two stations. Both stations deal with the sorting of objects and the recognition of sorting criteria and classification possibilities. The mentor helps the children to recognize, name and classify the objects. A short movement game can be installed between the stations to loosen up the situation.
The children systematically explore the various characteristics of their objects and learn which categories can be used to sort collections of objects. They search for recurring parameters and order criteria.
- Various nuts and kernels (peeled and unpeeled, edible and non-edible, etc.)
- Various legumes, natural coloured pearls, coloured ironing pearls etc.)
- One sorting surface per group (e.g. muffin baking tray)
- Pens and paper
- Warm and firm base (e.g. mats) for sitting and working
- Printouts Appendix
- Laptop with video function (see source, optional)